The NEBOSH National General Certificate course is one of the UK’s most popular health and safety qualifications. Offering a valuable overview of the core aspects of occupational health and safety, the course provides an excellent platform for individuals who are looking to build upon their knowledge and skills and take their career forward.
Designed for managers, supervisors and employees who have health and safety responsibilities, the certificate will equip you with all you need to know about how to manage workplace risks effectively.
This course is also available as an In-House course. Please call us on 0115 8882726 to discuss further.
This course takes place over an 10 day period, plus exams.
Unit 1 – NGC – Management of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Do
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
Unit 2 – GC2 – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Element 1 – Workplace Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 2 – Transport Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 3 – Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 4 – Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 5 – Electrical Safety
- Element 6 – Fire Safety
- Element 7 – Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 8 – Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
Candidates will be assessed on written examinations for each of the two units. Once each unit has been completed, a certificate will be issued. On the successful completion of the two units and a practical assessment, a NEBOSH National General Certificate parchment is awarded.