The Foundation Certificate course is designed to provide the basic information and the skills necessary to competently test and maintain swimming pool and spa water quality.
Unit Specification : STA Foundation Certificate in Swimming Pool & Spa Water Treatment
Be 16 years of age, or older, at the time of the examination.
Pay the requisite registration fee to the STA.
Attend a course of instruction for a minimum of 5 hours.
Other than specified above no other prior experience or knowledge is required.
Following completion of the STA Foundation Certificate in Swimming Pool & Spa Water Treatment course successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand sources of pollution and control measures;
- Understand the basic principles of pool water filtration and backwashing;
- Understand the key features of a swimming pool circulation system;
- Understand the potential dangers and hazards associated with suction entrapment and entanglement;
- Understand the role and purpose of disinfectants in swimming pools;
- Understand the pH scale, its function and related terminology;
- Understand the basic principles of water testing, recording and interpretation leading to corrective action;
- Understand the importance of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
The qualification is assessed as set out below:
Satisfactory completion of the course manual and end of course worksheet;
Undertake practical water testing, analysis and interpretation.
The Foundation Certificate must be re-validated every 5 years. Regular on-going training and practice is essential. A Training Record Sheet is available to download from www.sta.co.uk for you to record your regular training. The re-validation process will require the candidate to attend another Foundation certificate course.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The STA are committed to maintaining and improving standards and believe that CPD:
- Provides a framework within which leisure practitioners can keep themselves updated.
- Encourages leisure practitioners to use a wide variety of methods (not just Courses).
- Provides recognition of individual development activity.
Course Costs: £150 + VAT person
To Book a Course please Telephone:07740872227 or email: [email protected]