Spa Pool Operators Certificate
The Physical Activity and Leisure Management Academy’s SPA POOL OPERATORS CERTIFICATE, is based upon ‘Swimming Pool Water, Treatment and Quality Standards for Pools and Spas’ (PWTAG) handbook, with additional references from ‘Management of Spa Pools, and HSG282.
Section 1 : INTRODUCTION:
Section2: SPA POOL DESIGN & COMPONENTS:
• Components of the Spa Pool.
Section 3: OPERATION of COMMERCIAL SPA POOLS:
• Siting & installation requirements;
• fixtures, fittings & materials;
• chemical storage;
• rest areas;
• risk management & emergency equipment.
Section 4: SPA WATER TREATMENT & STANDARDS:
Section 5: CHEMICAL PROCESSES
• pH Stabilisation
• The Process of Disinfection
Section 6: WATER TESTING (Practical session)
• Carrying out a range of water tests (Poolside access required)
• Analysis of results
Section 7; CHEMICAL DOSING EQUIPMENT
• Automatic dosing systems, trichlorinators; pumps
• Cleaning and Maintenance regimes
Section 8: EFFECTS of AIR, WATER & TEMPERATURE on the BODY:
• Known benefits of Spa Pools;
• known hazards of Spa Pools;
The Physical Activity and Leisure Management Academy is a training provider accredited by the Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group.